Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Selling the Self

There was a time when it was difficult to talk about myself. I would agonize. I would make a list. I would role-play the entire interview.

Seven. I've had seven interview for four different organizations over the past three months. This was me going to my last one.

Like the other seven, I'm not scared to say I aced this particular one. They all fall in love with me sooner or later, I suppose. Maybe it's the well-written resume (mad props to my image consultant/personal cheerleader/bf4l). Maybe it's the way I laugh and make cheeky jokes. Maybe it's that I'm qualified with 3 years of supervisory experience, one soon-to-be graduate degree from a top-tier institution, and have a working knowledge of great icebreakers....

Or maybe it's because I'm willing to role-play.

NOT PICTURED: the fact that I'm wearing flipflops from my dormroom all the way to 22nd and Broadway before changing into heels.

No comments: